Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Home for the Holidays

Photographed by Joel Moore
Edited by Angelica Barredo 

Ah, the famous Grand Central. Weird place to have a photoshoot in, you say? Well, that day it was raining so Joel and I had to get creative lol. In my case, I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to Grand Central. I mostly hate it because it gets super crowded and not everyone in New York knows how to hustle, unfortunately. I love it because you get to see so much diversity everywhere - whether it's the dining course, apple store, terminals, or the main course itself. I'm not going to lie whenever I walk through Grand Central, I can't help but look around. You never know what you'll come across. There's people in costumes...women in wedding dresses...men in suits...most of all, people that are anticipating to leave or others excitingly awaits the arrival of loved ones. I guess that's where I get my blog entry title from. It's the holidays and you can just imagine how packed Grand Central gets every minute. Being one of NYC's famous landmarks, it has also been featured in countless Hollywood movies. So ask again, weird place to have a photoshoot in? Not so much.

This entry includes one of my favorite sets of pictures Joel has ever shot of me. I also noticed my previous post has a similarity to this, outfit wise. What can I say, I love my tights in the winter! The idea of a camo jacket being used as a fashion accessory can be controversial. In my fashion forecasting class, I know my professor did not approve of the trend along with some of my classmates. I know some of you may think I'm sending out the wrong message wearing this but...I'm the last person you need to worry about when it comes to advertising war. In no way shape or form will that ever be my intention. I'm just a girl who likes clothes.. :)

On a less serious note, camo jackets have gone viral all of a sudden in my book. I mean, it's been around for years especially the 90's in its grunge period but not like this. Trends do recycle and it's that era! Earlier in the year, you may have only had luck finding camo jackets in thrift stores but they are now available in retail stores and e-commerce sites like Urban Outfitters, ASOS, or NastyGal. I think it's a pretty cool way to dress down an outfit if needed. For instance, I was wearing faux leather leggings with wedge booties one night and just threw the jacket on to give off a more casual look. With my ensemble up there, I used the wedge booties to dress it up. I figured having the boyfriend beanie on with the graphic cut off tank made me look super downtown as it is. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind...I actually believe I belong downtown rather uptown. You know when you're not even trying to go for a particular look and it just happens? That's what I'm starting to think when it comes my dressing and choices.

Also...layering! You can't tell but under my jacket, I had a hooded flannel button down...if you're not ready to start rocking heavier jackets, layering is a good way to look good and stay warm. My leg warmers believe it or not helped even if they weren't over the knee. Besides that, I thought the look would be incomplete without them. Everyone who thinks leg warmers are so 90's...well it's being brought back! Just be careful as to how you use it ;)

Ps. Huge thanks to Joel for letting me borrow his fierce sunnies!

Happy Holidays, everyone! Xx

ASOS beanie hat / Graphic cut off tank from Buffalo Exchange / TNA hooded flannel button down from Aritzia / Hearts & Bows camo jacket from ASOS / Tights from Mandee's / H&M leg warmers / Miss Me? platform wedge booties from Wild Pair / assorted jewelry from H&M & Brandy Melville

No comments:

Post a Comment