Saturday, July 7, 2012

What's Music to You?

Hi everyone! Late post...but nothing new I am always up around this time. I thought I might as well update the blog and do a piece about something I am very excited about within these two months! It's nothing too serious but it's one of the biggest events happening in the Electric Dance Music world. Electric Zoo 2012 commences on August 31! It's a three day music festival that happens on Randall's Island in the Bronx, NY. Might be a little too costly but from personal experience, definitely worth it.

With the trailer premiering two days ago, it took me back to last year and thought about all the extremely funny and unforgettable moments that occurred. Last year was the first time I had ever been to Electric Zoo and I was accompanied by my cousin, her boyfriend, and her friends from Boston. To this day, I can't explain the feeling and vibe of the whole weekend...everyone just raged together and it was nice to share it with people who actually appreciated EDM. I know for some, EDM isn't for them but music is music, you know? Even though DJs use samples or some of their tracks don't include words..it still makes a person feel something. Regardless if DJs made their own beats or sampled a previous track, it's work. Coming from someone who had taken countless piano and voice lessons, I learned about the different genres there were and as much as we hate on a particular style, it's still music.

Anyways, I'm getting a little too personal but I just wanted to share some pictures from last year's Electric Zoo! I'll also include the trailer that was released for this year's. Getting myself ready for ya Labor Day Weekend!









Photographs from my cousin's album, Precious Capiral

No comments:

Post a Comment