Friday, July 6, 2012

Nature at Its Finest?












Photographed by Neri Millan
Edited by Angelica Barredo 

Who would have thought I would enjoy exploring nature, let alone in a 95 degree weather? There are little things in life that we all hardly notice because we're too preoccupied with..well, the bigger things haha. Guess it's true what they say about stopping and smelling the roses, huh? Bottom line, as busy as you say you are...it's still important to take time for yourself and just relax. Otherwise, stress gets bottled up which can get messy in the end.

That was me speaking from personal experience and that was me getting off subject! Enough of all that advice (which I should be taking myself more often by the way)..today was a HOT one. I decided to go with a pretty casual getup. Actually, my everyday wear consists of distressed low or high waisted shorts with baggy tees or tanks hehe. I do love dresses and skirts but I have to really be in the mood to fully dress up like a lady.

With that said, my style over the years has definitely changed. I was into a lot of florals, whether it be dresses or skirts. I guess it was when I started going to college in the city when the urbanized and downtown chic managed their way into my closet. That does not mean the typical girl inside me has disappeared though. I do love to accessorize so I will include hats, scarves, jewelry, or sunglasses into my ensembles. From time to time, I also trade in my Chucks, Toms, or Doc Mart's for a pair of high-heeled pumps, platforms, or wedges :)

Obey tank top from Urban Outfitters / American Apparel bandeau / rugged denim shorts from Buffalo Exchange / NastyGal shoulder bag / Dr. Martens' cherry lace boots / Ray-Ban wayfarers / assorted jewelry from H&M and thrift stores

No comments:

Post a Comment