Tuesday, August 21, 2012

All Black Everything...kind of.












Photographs by Neri Millan
Edited by Angelica Barredo 

 It's been awhile since I blogged about my outfit of the day...everything and everyone has been busy. I'll try to be more consistent! It's a good thing for me anyway, I need to really start being serious on what I study in school and what I learn.

I figured today I'd wear this pleated skirt because it's baaaack to schooool. Since my photos are edited, the color of my pleated skirt is faded salmon. I paired it with a black cropped tank with a white laced back, black bowler hat, and my Lita's to give off a little bit more color. Gold accessories also add to the whole ensemble, whereas silver or white gold may have washed out the whole look. I was debating on the sunnies as well, you guys know I'm notorious for wearing my aviators...but I thought maybe even wayfarers would do the trick. Unfortunately I was unable to find them today so I stuck with the all-black avi's. Another thing, take a look at my necklace...it's one of my favorites but I actually rarely wear it because I feel it's something you can't just throw on. This necklace is a snakelike accessory that is bendable, making it easy for me to wear it any way I like.

Even though it is still summer, this look is starting to lean more towards the fall season. Then again, my wardrobe is a huge fan of black so...hehe. When it comes to my style, I don't really like pairing light colors with light colors...though I'm starting to think I should really start incorporating more. Maybe next spring haha. In other words, I can't wait for the fall season to start..the grays, browns, and blacks are waiting to burst out of my closets.

Bowler Hat from H&M / Ray-Ban sunnies / Forever 21 pleated skirt / Free People shoulder bag / Jeffrey Campbell Litas platform shoes / assorted jewelry from thrift stores & Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment