Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Montreal Day 3..Quebec City Night 1

On our last day at Montreal, my mom was really insisting on swinging by Old Montreal. I'm glad I came with them though because it was a really interesting part of Montreal. The buildings were inspired to be vintage and almost village like. I saw many boutiques from where we were parked which sold clothes, furniture, and antiques. Many tourists were surprisingly around the area as well and believe it or not, people do live in Old Montreal. Everything just had a European feel to it.

Before driving three hours to Quebec, we went to this outdoor restaurant/food cart called Resto Muvbox in Old Port that was very famous for their lobster rolls. Now I love lobster but the thought of it made me sick at first. But since I had no choice, I decided to try. I'm usually open-minded when it comes to trying new foods (perks of having a chef brother).  It was amazing! Especially with the clam chowder, they complimented really well.















Arriving at the Marriott hotel in Quebec City, my first thought was, wow..this is extremely small for a city. Quebec City IS small, making everything basically walking distance. Since we had a long drive, we decided to just go out to dinner and call it a night. I looked up a five star French restaurant on Yelp and this little cute, sophisticated place was called Le Clocher Penche. If I could remember we ordered a bottle of red wine named Syrah from 2009. Our starters were the cold soup with duck gizzard salad. (SO GOOD). The full course meals were salmon tartar, pasta, and piglet. In all, we were very satisfied..thank you Yelp.






No comments:

Post a Comment