Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Quebec City Day 4

Our fourth day of vacation included a lot of walking...and taking pictures. Since Quebec City was a very small city, I sense the irony too..we were forced to use our feet to get to places especially because it was hard to look for parking. AND my dad and I were going to a beer festival..so no drinking and driving! Haha. My mom forced us to get up very early to sight see and to get many things on our checklist checked. We ate breakfast at the hotel...while I had the pleasure of looking at the basketball team staying there as well hehe.

Quebec City turned out to be really beautiful. You are welcomed by a castle like entrance and the streets are all made of cobblestones. It honestly felt like I was in Europe...all the more motivation for me to actually go there one day. There were many places to shop, eat, or go to masses. My mom and I went to this small shop that sold maple syrup, maple green tea, maple dressings, basically all maples haha..and gelato! I had a Ferrero Rocher gelato which I can't even begin to tell you how it was. After walking around the area, we took a tram down to Old Quebec City. This was supposed to be the oldest part of the city in all of Canada.

For lunch, we went to this pub called St. Patrick's. Many tourists or anyone in general were trying out the place so of course that will catch your eye. Their vegetarian pizza and spicy wings were delicious :) After, we walked to the beer festival which was a really cool experience. How it worked was they sold you your own beer glasses for ten dollars each. In order to try any beers at the booths, you'd need tokens. The main area then sold one pack of ten tokens for ten dollars as well. My dad and I each bought one pack for ourselves. Little did we know..it was going to be impossible to finish them in about an hour lol. For some beer booths, two tokens meant half a glass or the whole glass. It depended on how strong the beer was, how dark, how light, or if it was a drop or from a can. I definitely want to check out another one sometime...hopefully my girlfriends and I pull through with our trip next May!

After a power nap back at the hotel, my mom wanted us to go to mass at the Basilica in town and then catch dinner somewhere. For dinner, we spotted this place called 1640 Restaurant which was another French restaurant...but not limited to. My dad had sirloin steak, my mom had the salmon, and I had shrimp and scallops with couscous. Surprisingly I wasn't very fond of their couscous so I had my dad's baked potatoes instead. Talking about this is really making me hungry..anyways. We had also ordered a bottle of red wine, the Pinot Noir 2009. From all that food and wine, we walked the rest of Quebec up to the top and just headed back to the hotel to get some rest for our last day.















No comments:

Post a Comment