Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New York Black Attire

Hello, hello. It's been AWHILE since my last entry. I know I keep saying I'll be more consistent but this semester has been busier than I thought it would be between classes, retail, and a PR internship. It's a very good experience all throughout and I know I'll finish off December with a better understanding of that aspect in fashion.

Recently, my friend from school and I decided to get together and take pictures of each other for our blogs. To me, it's a really big help because he's nearby whenever I'm in the city. I have always wanted to do shoots in NYC and I thought us teaming up would not only be beneficial for my blog, but his as well. (Check out Joel's blog! MoorehisStyle.blogspot.com) 

We both understand how important it is in the fashion industry to get the word out, whether it be by mouth or social media. For instance, having a blog and documenting your style can help a person connect with anyone else who has an interest in fashion. Having a blog is important because this gives you a chance to showcase your talents and seriousness with being involved in the industry. Because I am just starting out, I am willing to put in more effort in making this blog a successful one. I may be aiming high but..The Man Repeller is one of the most interesting bloggers I look up to :)

Photographed by Joel Moore
Edited by Angelica Barredo 

My entry title "New York Black Attire" has a very big relation with my ensemble yesterday. When you think of New York, you think of how the people here never smile, don't say hi, and the fact that they always wear black. I actually agree to this haha. I do think owning many black and neutral colored pieces has something to do with me being in the city everyday. Even in the summer, I would still wear black. I think I was about 16 when I started getting rid of a lot of bright colors in my wardrobe and incorporating more black and greys. But going to school and work in the city years later permanently has me hooked to black attires.
 
To me, black on black can say a lot about a person. Classy, elegant, in mourning, having a bad day, season inspired, and etc. Yesterday, Joel and I spent most of our time uptown so I figured why not dress the part? But me being the fan of grunge fashion, I had to dress it down with high-waisted denim cut-offs, a beanie, paint splattered Litas, and my signature aviators (look closely, my tights have holes in them hehe). Another thing I love about all black everything is the ability to put together awesome accessories. With my outfit, I decided to go with chunky. Chunky watch, bracelet, ring, and necklace...even shoes. My favorite piece of my ensemble has to be the lamb fur vest! It's my new babyyyy. It's super comfortable and can match with pretty much anything. If anyone is wondering, they just shave the fur off...no hurt was done to the animals. I still stand by not wearing or purchasing anything that is associated with harmed animals. Anyways, let's stray away from this issue since it is a touchy one in the industry.

Hoping my schedule this week clears out a bit so I can sneak in a new one soon. Xx

Aritzia beanie hat / Ray-Ban sunnies from Sunglasses Hut / Aritzia fur vest / Forever 21 chiffon long-sleeve blouse / denim cut-offs from thrift store / H&M tights / Jeffrey Campbell Lita platforms / assorted jewelry from thrift store, Forever 21, Nordstrom

1 comment: